The Posets -Maladeta Natural Park is located in the Aragon Pyrenees, in the long central section of the Pyrenees and where we find the highest concentration of peaks over 3,000 meters. Highlights include the Aneto (3.404 m) the highest mountain in the Pyrenees, not forgetting the equally impressive Posets (3.369 m), Maladeta(3.312 m) and Perdiguero (3.221 m).
A historic network of mountain huts and refuges enables us to create a variety of itineraries, dependent on fitness and aspiration, for you to fully enjoy this stunning natural environment.
At Muntania we have designed treks for travellers with the desire to make the most of their walking days. We will make a clockwise circular tour around the Posets.
- • Multiple options for customizing the trekking according to tastes and possibilities. You can complete the day with ascents to summits in the area.
- • Alpine landscape with spectacular views.
- • Extensive network of comfortable huts.
It is important to carry a light backpack (6-8 Kg), so it is recommended to carry just the required clothes and equipment. If you do not have all the equipment you can rent it, please consult us.
- Backpack (between 25-35 litres).
- Trekking boots or sneakers.
- Telescopic poles.
- Technical clothes:
- Long and light trekking pants.
- Thermal t-shirt (base layer). A spare one.
- Fleece jacket or similar (second layer).
- Gore-Tex or similar jacket and pants (third layer).
- Primaloft jacket or similar.
- Light and thick gloves.
- Woollen cap and sun cap.
- Head lamp (extra batteries)
- Sheet-sleeping bad
- Canteen or camelback (minimum 1 litre).
- First aid kit and essential toiletries
- Sunscreen and SPF lip balm
In the event there is snow crampons and ice axes should be necessaries.
- An acceptable physical form is required: people with healthy habits who go to the mountain and could afford 1.000 m elevation treks at a leisurely pace.
- Sleeping bag is not required but a cotton or silk sheet-sleeping bad would be necessary.
- It is recommended to carry just a few provisions so it can be bought in the huts.
- Two of the mountains huts have shower service available.
Links of interest
There is no planned departure but if you wish to make this trip, contact us.